Supporting widows and widowers who are socially excluded due to their bereavement.
This role will directly help the widows and widowers who use The Widows Empowerment Trust for support in overcoming their bereavement. This role helps people who risk isolation and mental health problems. You will need empathy, commitment and passion for this role.
The main tasks consist of:
* Building and maintaining relationships, offering support, listening and encouraging.
* Spending time with your assigned clients and doing activities with them.
* Being consistent, reliable and dependable.
* Being a trustworthy and accountable individual.
* Carrying out admin tasks.
As a befriender you will be matched with a client that you will be in contact with for two hours once or twice a week.
You will be matched and given the exact dates and times that will suit both your schedule and that of you clients' once you have applied.
Being a befriender is extremely rewarding and allows the clients to gain access to social events and gain confidence. You will be in a unique position of trust, responsibly offering support to bereaved people in a caring manner. You will be contacting the widows and widowers to see how they are doing, inquiring what they might need and lending your ear to them.
This role is flexible.
2 hours per week