Since 1994, Mustard Tree has transformed the lives of people in Greater Manchester who are trapped in poverty or homelessness, by enabling them to gain the skills and self-confidence they need to reach their full potential.
As a Friend Of Mustard Tree, you are a wonderful person who is able to give up some of their time to support Mustard tree's current offer of food, furniture, toiletries, clothing and further support. You embody our values, and are confident, considerate and empathetic.
In the Community Shop, you will be supporting our staff and Freedom Volunteers in running both our retail offer and our Food Club. Interacting and helping all our clients as they shop for food, furniture, clothing and access the help they need.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
• Supporting Freedom Volunteers in improving their customer service skills and retail experience.
• Signposting clients towards further support, both within Mustard Tree and with partner organisations.
• Serving customers at the till and handling money.
• Welcoming and advising clients and customers.
• Ensuring goods are well displayed.
• Assisting with delivery of customer service training and development.
• Liaising with other staff and volunteers regarding furniture deliveries.
• Helping clients build up their Food Club packages.
General Volunteering Duties
• Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
• Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
• Empower Freedom volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
9:00 - 14:30 once a week