Since 1994, Mustard Tree has transformed the lives of people in Greater Manchester who are trapped in poverty or homelessness, by enabling them to gain the skills and self-confidence they need to reach their full potential.
As a Friend Of Mustard Tree, you are a wonderful person who is able to give up some of their time to support Mustard tree's current offer of food, furniture, toiletries, clothing and further support. You embody our values, and are confident, considerate and empathetic.
On the helpdesk, you will be supporting the team as we deliver food and furniture to people in need, as well as handling calls on everything from families needing our support to companies wanting to help. You'll treat every caller with kindness, patience, dignity and empathy.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
• Support with administrative tasks relevant to the Help Desk.
• Answering the telephone and liaising with staff to deal with queries appropriately.
• Responding to telephone calls from the general public, donors, referral agencies and clients.
• Operating and updating our computer system, KUDOS, including inputting data and registering clients and donors.
• Arranging collections from individual donors and organisations.
• Amending deliveries for clients and customers on the KUDOS system.
• Making daily courtesy calls to customers who are waiting for deliveries, and donors waiting for collection.
• Liaising with other members of the Mustard Tree team, especially the Warehouse and Van teams.
• Transferring calls, externally and internally, recording messages from callers.
• Liaising with referral agencies, and booking appointments for clients to gain the support they need.
General Volunteering Duties
• Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
• Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
• Support Freedom Project participants/volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
1 Day per week, 9:00 - 14:30