We want to reach and improve the lives of everyone living with cancer and to inspire millions of others to do the same.
There are 2.5 million people living with cancer in the UK today, and as more people live longer with their cancer, this number is set to grow to 4 million by 2030. We want to make sure we can provide support to everyone who needs it, to help people affected by cancer feel more in control of their lives.
It’s a big task and we can’t do it alone. But there are lots of ways you can get involved and help us achieve our goal, from fundraising, to volunteering and campaigning. Together we are all Macmillan.
Team Macmillan’s Action Team Volunteers are central to our fundraising and awareness raising and support our work across the charity. As part of our flexible UK-wide team you will have the opportunity to get involved in different activities which help ensure we are able to reach more people living with cancer. From cheerpoints at challenge events to collections at concerts or any of our hundreds of ad-hoc opportunities at all times of the week this is a varied and fun way for you to make an ongoing difference as part of our team.
You need to be 16 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
What we're looking for
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to help as and when you have time
- Good communication skills and a friendly attitude
- An ability to use your own initiative
- An interest in cancer care and the services that Macmillan provides
What you can gain from this opportunity
- Join an enthusiastic team of volunteers who want to make a difference
- Use and develop your fundraising and communication skills, enhancing your CV
- Have a rewarding experience making a difference in your community
- Receive an induction
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed within our guidelines
For more information and to join our team sign up here- https://volunteering.macmillan.org.uk/Opportunity/Details/6151
0 hours per week