Caring for disadvantaged children through Computer Skills, Education, Healthcare, Community Development, Social Housing and Poverty Alleviation.
As part of our Volunteer Fundraising & Events team, you’ll be part of the team's project fundraising activities, working to raise vital funds to support the projects of the charity and help to raise awareness of Sovereign House GH in your local area. Fundraising activities could include anything from pop-up dinners, cake bake, carol singing to bag packing and challenges. You’ll be working alongside the team to promote the work of your project.
Skills you'll gain
- Teamwork: you’ll work as part of a team.
- Event planning: you’ll learn how to organise, plan and run events; ranging from pop-up supper clubs and Christmas appeals, to sponsored walks and quizzes.
- Leadership and delegation: you’ll work with a team of volunteers to put on events, and can also be the central point
of contact for external groups and individuals who want to fund-raise for your project.
- Promotion: you will help promote your project’s events.
- Networking: working and coordinating your events, you’ll forge relationships with other local organisations and
partner up to put on joint events where appropriate.
What to expect from us:
- Gaining confidence in your project and support provided where required.
- Expenses covered in line with our volunteer policy.
- Training opportunities available for other interests.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- The opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people.
- A fun, creative volunteer experience with ownership over a project.
- We ask that Volunteer Fundraisers stay with us for a minimum of 9 months, to enable them get the most out of
- Reference required
- Complete the project report after completing a fundraising project
- Use the different social media channels to promote the project, its activities and events.
When needed: The position will start as soon as all requirements have been checked
Time & Day: Monday to Sunday, morning, afternoon or evening as pre-arranged or agreed.
Duration: We will require a minimum commitment of 12 months.
Come and join our enthusiastic team.
12 hours per month