Caring for disadvantaged children through Computer Skills, Education, Healthcare, Community Development, Social Housing and Poverty Alleviation.
We are looking for people who want to get involved in an organisation that cares for disadvantaged children. Someone who can help resolve problems but also enjoys working in a diverse and supporting working environment. We do look for some key requirements and would hope that you have some of the skills listed below:
- To be organised and systematic - file management
- Good typing and data entry skills - MS Office knowledge
- Good ICT skills - good typing and data entry skills using database and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing - answering emails and phone calls
- To be able to work as part of a team - updating local information, listening and talking to others
We try and make volunteering with us as easy as possible to get involved with. Our volunteers are always supported and we pay travel expenses to and from your volunteering base. After filling in our application form, we hold an informal interview with you and will ask for details of referees. We try and make the application process as quick as possible.
Location: Office at 451 Liverpool Street, Salford, M6 5QQ
When needed: The position will start as soon as all the requirements have been met.
Time & Day: Monday to Friday - morning or afternoon.
Duration: We will require a minimum commitment of 6 months
Benefits & Rewards:
* Travel expenses covered in line with our volunteers Policy;
* Refreshment/lunch provided if working a minimum of 5 hours in a day;
* Gain experience to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it;
* Volunteers Certificate and Recognition
* Opportunity to work in a team and boost interpersonal skills
Come join our enthusiastic team!
Transport Links near to office location: Tram: Eccles Line, Buses 10, 50 and 52
8 hours per week